At this time, an accurate death toll cannot be confirmed, but it's estimated that at least 85,000 Yemeni children under the age of five have died from starvation, while a further 10,000 innocent Yemeni civilians have perished in the fighting with over 40,000 further casualties reported since March 2018.
Yemen has neither the medical facilities or supplies needed to sufficiently provide aid and medical care for these people, so we are asking for your help to rebuild these life-changing services. Hospitals and health centres are struggling to access life-saving supplies and the United Nations is likely to declare a widespread famine if the situation does not change. Yemen could also be placed in a further emergency should the water table continue to fall and at worst, become the first country to officially run out of water.
Our Yemen Crisis Appeal was set up to help the people caught up in the conflict - the families and children whose lives have been changed forever. Our teams on the ground in Yemen are doing their best to help as many of those in need as possible, but the number of families affected by the crisis rises every single day.
Our work is currently focusing on:
- Providing emergency food and water to affected residents
- Treating and preventing the spread of cholera
- Providing essential medical care and assistance
- Supporting internally displaced people
- Carrying out micro-reconstruction projects
While progress is slowly being made, we are still in need of assistance to provide these innocent people with the means to start rebuilding their lives.
How You Can Help
We have several dedicated projects where you can make a donation to assist those affected by the Yemen humanitarian crisis. These include:
- Providing essential food packs to feed an entire family for a month
- Giving a full year of medical support to someone at risk
- Donating to the Yemen Emergency Fund with Human Relief Foundation
- Providing important hygiene items to a family in need
Every single contribution you make helps and every last penny goes towards supporting and providing aid for Yemeni people who have been affected by the crisis. Donate today.