Human Relief Foundation (HRF) is a registered charity (no. 1126281 & SC038671) based in Bradford, UK. HRF's Registered address is:
Human Relief Foundation
P.O. Box 194
If you have any comments or questions about this notice, feel free to call our head office at +44 (0) 1274 392727.
1. Personal data that we process
If you contact us to enquire about our charity and its work, under legitimate interests it is necessary for us to read and store your message so that we can respond in the way that you would expect.
If you subscribe to email updates about our work, under legitimate interests you have given us your active consent to store your name and email address to send you emails.
If you make a donation to us, under legitimate interests all the details you provide us are necessary for us to fulfil your intention of donating money and your expectation of receiving a confirmation message.
If you visit our website, under legitimate interests it is necessary for us to store a small amount of information, usually through cookies, to deliver functionality that you would expect, such as remembering the contents of your donations before you have fully completed the process.
2. How we use your data
We will only use your data in a manner that is appropriate considering the basis on which that data was collected, as set out in section above.
For example, we may use your personal information to:
● reply to enquiries you send to us;
● handle donations or other transactions that you initiate;
● where you have specifically agreed to this, send you marketing communications by email relating to our work which we think may be of interest to you.
3. When we share your data
We will only pass your data to third parties in the following circumstances:
● you have provided your explicit consent for us to pass data to a named third party;
● we are using a third party purely for the purposes of processing data on our behalf and we have in place a data processing agreement with that third party that fulfils our legal obligations in relation to the use of third party data processors; or
● we are required by law to share your data.
In addition, we will only pass data to third parties outside of the EU where appropriate safeguards are in place as defined by Article 46 of the General Data Protection Regulation.
4. How long we keep your data
We take the principles of data minimisation and removal seriously and have internal policies in place to ensure that we only ever ask for the minimum amount of data for the associated purpose and delete that data promptly once it is no longer required.
Where data is collected on the basis of consent, we will seek renewal of consent at least every five years.
5. Rights you have over your data
You have a range of rights over your data, which include the following:
● Where data processing is based on consent, you may revoke this consent at any time and we will make it as easy as possible for you to do this (for example by putting ‘unsubscribe’ links at the bottom of all our marketing emails).
● You have the right to ask for rectification and/or deletion of your information.
● You have the right of access to your information.
● You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner if you feel your rights have been infringed.
A full summary of your legal rights over your data can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website here: https://ico.org.uk/
If you would like to access the rights listed above, or any other legal rights you have over your data under current legislation, please get in touch with us.
Please note that relying on some of these rights, such as the right to deleting your data, will make it impossible for us to continue to deliver some services to you. However, where possible we will always try to allow the maximum access to your rights while continuing to deliver as many services to you as possible.
6. Cookies and usage tracking
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that is downloaded on to your computer when you visit a website. Cookies are used by many websites and can do a number of things, eg remembering your preferences, recording what you have put in your shopping cart, and counting the number of people looking at a website.
7. Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.