Human Relief Foundation is seeking a Programme Assistant to support with the day-to-day running
of the programmes department.
The Programme Assistant will bring a high level of organisation and initiative to support the successful development and implementation of Human Relief Foundation’s humanitarian and development projects across the world.
1. Work as part of a team to produce high quality project proposals – play a central role in reviewing and editing proposals.
2. Perform administrative tasks to support the programmes department, including maintaining the Google Drive system.
3. Assist in the development of new policies and update existing policies in line with internationally accepted standards.
4. Support in the recruitment of new staff members within the programmes department.
5. Represent HRF’s programmes department both internally and externally.
6. Liaise with the marketing department to ensure the visibility of programmes in line with donor requirements.
7. Perform ad-hoc tasks to support the smooth running of the programmes department and the organisation as a whole.
8. Maintain strong working relationships with colleagues based in field offices through regular communication via Skype etc.
- Highly organised
- Strong teamwork skills, including the ability to work with colleagues from different cultures
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Strong written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise workload and produce high quality work to deadlines
- Strong research and analytical skills with the ability to synthesise information
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline
- Highly IT literate
- Interest in the humanitarian and/or development sectors
- Ability to work in the UK
- Experience in a similar role within the humanitarian sector
- Knowledge of humanitarian standards and sectors including WASH, livelihoods, food security
HOW TO APPLY
Please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3rd August 2018.
- Covering letter – maximum 1 page. Please clearly outline how you meet the person specification.
- Details of two referees
Please state “Programme Assistant”, in the subject of the email.