• The Fundraising Officer will take lead responsibility on a number of fundraising events, managing the budget and ensuring that financial targets are met, volunteers are recruited to maximise fundraising potential and take operational and financial responsibility for the event both before and after.
• In this role, you will assist the Fundraising Manager in the development and implementation of HRF annual fundraising strategy that will increase HRF’s activity and grow income for the charity.
• You will be highly organised, innovative and have a track record of delivering a number of fundraising events ranging from gala dinners to sporting events. You will have the proven ability to achieve results through building strong lasting relationships with individuals and organisations.
• You will work across departments, so interpersonal skills are of high importance. You will need the confidence to deal with people at the very highest level, managing high-profile volunteers and donors with diplomacy and discretion.
• To ensure timely communications with other colleagues, partners, sponsors and suppliers/agencies, donors, volunteers and other key audiences, in accordance with the nature of the work to ensure that all stakeholders are updated.
• To maintain good relationships with existing business supporters and recruit new business members and volunteer participants.
• To support the development and delivery of cash and regular giving appeals, using social media, email and direct mail to existing supporters.
• To seek opportunities to build on the success of existing fundraising activities and explore new avenues for raising funds.
• To work with the marketing and wider team to identify and develop opportunities to generate income.
• To help to raise the profile of HRF in the region they are working
• To carry out risk assessments when holding an events
• The Fundraising Officer will lead on fundraising activities, as well as assist the Fundraising Team with national and local campaigns and events.
• Monitor relevant budgets and resources, including expenses.
• Organise and lead volunteer teams to assist with charity fundraising and development activities.
• The Fundraising Officer may be required to travel abroad to implement projects and distribute aid with staff / volunteers on deployments.
• To undertake any other tasks, duties or projects which may arise from time to time in accordance with the level of this post.
• Recruiting new volunteers to take part in HRF activities and campaigns.
To apply, please send CV, covering letter and details of two references to [email protected]