The Chaos Theory of Kindness
A population already weakened by hunger, conflict, and a massive cholera outbreak, are not in a position to cope with the impact of COVID-19. But with the support of your Zakat and Sadaqah, we can help give them their best chance to fight off diseases. For in supplying hungry people with the clean water, and nutritious food packs, we keep their immune systems strong and healthy during Ramadan. And beyond.
The Kindness Pandemic
Kindness is catching. So, when you talk about your acts of kindness or people see you acting kindly, you make others believe they can. You inspire them - they see that it is a person just like themselves that is changing the world. And if you can do it, so can they.
How It Works – Moving from ‘Passivist’ to Activist
There is no one size fits all way to begin. And no limit on the types of acts you can do. It’s controlled only by your imagination – from buying a homeless person a cup of coffee, to cutting the neighbours hedge, or getting a group together to supply a food bank with stock - you just need to decide what the first step is going to be. And take it.
- Strength In Numbers? - it’s fine to set off by yourself, but if you’re uncertain it may be a good idea to join forces with a friend. Someone you can bounce ideas off, and begin the journey with.
- Map Out the Month – You can download our Ramadan calendar and daily action sheet, decide upon the acts of kindness you’re going to do, and the days you’ll be doing them
- Shout It From The Roof-tops – Don’t hide your light under a bushel – tell all your friends, family, colleagues, social media followers (and anyone who’ll lend you an ear) about what you’re doing, and why. After all we want as many people as possible to catch the ‘kindness bug’ and get involved.
- Share, Share & Share Again – every time you do an act share it with the world. Use the hashtag #RamadanAOK and #30DaysOfAction
- Social Media Pack – download our Ramadan Acts of Kindness social media pack (and other useful goodies) to help you spread the word