PROGRAMMES SUPPORT INTERN
Human Relief Foundation’s International Programmes Department is seeking two highly-motivated, passionate individuals to join the team for three months. The successful candidates will work closely with the Programmes Desk Officer and liaise with staff working in the field. The role will focus mostly on HRF’s humanitarian programmes, particularly those in Iraq.
The successful candidates will be based at HRF’s HQ in Bradford. We are looking for individuals who are able to commit to the internship for one or two days a week for its entirety.
Tasks may include, but will not be limited to:
- Participating in the development of project proposals
- Undertaking secondary research on topics related to HRF’s humanitarian programmes,
including best practices for a range of emergency programming methods
- Assimilating information from project reports to create summary documents
- Assisting the Programmes Desk Officer with day to day programmatic and general
This internship is an excellent opportunity to develop your existing skills as well as to gain new skills and experience. Relevant in-house training and support and supervision will be provided throughout the internship. You will have the opportunity to gain:
- valuable exposure to the work of HRF and to international humanitarian work from an HQ
- experience in supporting developing and ongoing humanitarian responses
- experience in writing, reviewing and editing documents for donors and other external
- Recently graduated in, or studying towards a degree in international development or a
- Demonstrated commitment and interest in the humanitarian sector
- Demonstrated knowledge and interest in at least one the following areas: WASH, food
security, livelihoods, shelter
- Strong research and analytical skills with the ability to assimilate information from different
sources and compile documents
- Strong English communication skills – written, writing, reading
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent organisational skills, including the ability to effectively prioritise your workload,
manage your time and meet deadlines
- Reliable and willingness to learn
- Strong IT skills, particularly in the use of Microsoft Office suite.
Although this position is unpaid, we can offer a contribution towards reasonable travel and lunch
HOW TO APPLY
Please send the following information to email@example.com by midday 12th May.
- Covering letter – maximum 1 page. Please clearly outline how you meet the person specification and what you would like to get out of the internship.
- Details of two referees
Please state “Programmes Support Intern”, in the subject of the email. Due to the volume of applicants, unfortunately we will not be able to provide feedback on applications that are not shortlisted.
Interviews are scheduled to take place week commencing 21 st May 2018.
The preferred start date is the week commencing 4 th June 2018.