Build capacity on HRF’s presence and activity in Kenya, by implementing a range of projects which aim to alleviate poverty such as WASH, education, income generation, livelihoods etc. Establish a strong working relationship with potential donors and partners.
Programme Department (HQ)
|3-6 months (Probationary) |
Probationary leading to permanent.
Please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘PROGRAMME MANAGER' in the ‘Subject’ line and please indicate how soon you may commence employment if successful, in your email.
Monday – Friday 9-5/Flexible
Important: This role is for Kenyan Nationals only.
Human Relief Foundation (HRF) is an International Non-Governmental Organisation registered with the UK Charity Commission (1126281). Launched in 1991, HRF seeks to promote sustainable economic and social development by working with local communities through relief and developmental programmes, supporting them to build a better life and find their own solutions to global problems. HRF provides emergency relief and assistance to people caught up in extraordinary, life-threatening situations. With ten permanent offices strategically located around the world (Bradford, Amman, Baghdad, Mosul, Islamabad, London, Manchester, Birmingham, Nairobi, and Paris), HRF is actively providing global assistance whenever and wherever it is needed.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Providing support in the maintenance of programme records and documentation
- Identifying lessons learnt and best practices for future proposals and projects
- Shadowing IFT, engaging in and networking with partners, UN agencies, Field Offices, NGOs and other organizations as well as representatives from the community and state level
- Meet and Develop Links with Embassy-based and UN-Agency- based Donors in Nairobi.
- Extend the HRF Network with INGOs, NGOs, CBOs, UN Agencies and other Key Stakeholders.
- Attend relevant UN Clusters Meetings.
- Conduct Field Assessments for Proposal Development.
- Draft Project Proposals ready for Donor Submission in conjunction with HRF technical staff.
- Represent HRF in Kenya.
- Manage a budget and identify appropriate projects most in need
- Meet with existing and prospective NGO partners/grantees, experts, co-funders
- Carry out research and due diligence on prospective partners/grantees
- Process projects and oversee them from concept note to final application stage
- Monitor the progress of on-going grants (project progress reports and verbal updates)
- Respond to queries from grantee partners, co-funders and staff
- Contribution to create, review and update policies and reports such as country policies and annual plans
THE CORE STRATEGIC AREAS FOR PROJECT FUNDING WILL INCLUDE:
- Agroforestry, Energy and Livelihoods for Refugee Camps;
- Urban Agriculture for Dispersed Urban Refugees;
- Income generation/livelihoods/agri-business;
- Climate-Smart Agriculture and Agroecology;
- Vocational Training for Youths: and
- Resource Recovery and Re-Use (Liquid and Solid Waste).
Please note that:
Due to a high volume of applicants, we are unfortunately unable to contact those who are unsuccessful; Recruitment and interviews may be ongoing with a view to fill the position ASAP; and We reserve the right to remove this role and advert at any time.
Thank you for your interest in Human Relief Foundation