- Support the PM in implementing HRF Quality Assurance Standards.
- Support the PM in promoting mutual understanding and ownership, with emphasis on commitment to quality standards amongst all staff and other stakeholders.
- Work with and support project managers in communicating established accountability standards to project staff, beneficiaries, local partners and other stakeholders.
- Monitor working relationships between project staff and the project beneficiaries.
- Ensure that appropriate project information is publicly available to beneficiaries and support field staff to provide an accurate understanding of HRF and the programme.
- Ensure that field staff encourage the active participation of the beneficiaries and their representatives in project decisions and seek their informed consent.
- Actively solicit feedback from the beneficiaries regarding the project and in turn provide information to the beneficiaries on project progress and response to suggestions, and actions taken, in liaison with other project staff.
- Collect and write case studies and visual material (pending security) and thereby support project managers qualitative reporting.
- Maintain complaints-handling procedures, and ensure that feedback is received recorded, reviewed and acted upon.
- Conduct focus group discussions in beneficiary communities and provide feedback to the programme team from the beneficiary perspective.
- Participate in Learning Workshops led by the MEAL team and provide feedback from MEAL systems (focus group discussions, complaints hotline, and community interaction).
- Create reports and evaluate project work based on beneficiary feedback making recommendations for change.
- Work with PM to complete the progress reports; monthly, quarterly, mid year and final reports, and other required reports (PDM etc).
- Degree and/or equivalent qualification in relevant sector
- Experience in Monitoring & Evaluation
- NGO experience in Bangladesh
- Experience working directly with beneficiaries
- Excellent English and Bengali written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Computer literate
- Organisational and administrative skills
- Team player
- Flexible and adaptable to ever changing environments
- Ability to empathise with beneficiaries
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to deal well with local authorities and governmental processes.
How to apply
Please send the following in English to: email@example.com
- Covering Letter.
- Details of 2 references.
Please put "MEAL Officer - Bangladesh" in the subject line. Please note that applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis with a view to filling the position as soon as possible, so early application is advised. Due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.