MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER – Full Time
HRF is an international aid organization which provides emergency relief and continuing assistance to people in life-threatening situations, in the wake of disaster or with ongoing needs. HRF’s goal is to save and preserve life.
To promote Human Relief Foundation’s brand to a wide audience of potential donors, volunteers and supporters, through a range of media. The primary aim is to increase donations and volunteer through successful campaigns.
This role is to be reviewed after 6 months.
Initial 1 year term with potential to be renewed subject to performance
Please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER in the ‘Subject’ line and please indicate how soon you may commence employment if successful, in your email.
For over 20 years, Human Relief Foundation (HRF) has worked in areas of emergency response, development, sanitation, medical, cooperation, orphan sponsorship and more recently, conflict transformation. HRF’s partners include World Food Programme (WFP), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), UN-Habitat, the World Health Organisation (WHO) and the EU. Registered with the Charity Commission of England & Wales and the Scottish Charity Regulator, HRF has been seeking to promote sustainable economic and social development since 1991.
HRF is seeking an experienced Media and Marketing Manager, with a proven track record of delivering direct response and branding campaigns across a variety of media and marketing channels. The individual should be highly competent using comprehensive and modern methods of campaigning, experienced with a marketing manager role and confident that they can improve annual campaigning across the organisation.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career by joining an established International Aid organisation and have a fundamental role in reaching and helping the hundreds of thousands of people in desperate need being supported daily worldwide through HRF’s International Programmes.
- To plan, budget and deliver Human Relief Foundation media and marketing campaigns in line with branding and within agreed budgets.
- To assist the fundraising department in their day to day objective through the supply of dynamic and practical media and marketing content.
- To develop a comprehensive and effective media and marketing strategy, which incorporates day to day targets and goals, as well as key seasonal activity.
- To effectively implement this media and marketing strategy.
- To ensure that all media materials are branded, accurate, non-offensive, appealing and of a high standard.
- To work closely with designers, producers and printers to create marketing materials.
- To maintain positive relationships with the above stakeholders, to ensure that negotiations are possible and that Human Relief Foundation is producing work in a cost worthy way.
- To launch emergency appeals through marketing where required.
- To attend fundraising dinners and other events as a Human Relief Foundation representative as required.
- To prepare suitable content for TV appeals, fundraising events or promotional tours in a timely manner as required.
- To update the organisations Facebook and Twitter accounts daily.
- To release attractive and relative e-shots to keep our donors and volunteers up to date with our work.
- To ensure the production of suitable images, videos and case studies for promotional material.
- To regularly update the company website with engaging content.
- To manage the organisation’s Google Adwords account.
- To reply quickly and effectively to any positive or negative media attention in order to protect the reputation of Human Relief Foundation at all times.
- To seek appropriate media attention (including Radio, TV, Press etc) for the charity on behalf of all four UK based cities.
- To constantly search for new, innovative and cost effective ways to market the charity.
- To be available out of hours at times where input from the marketing department is needed.
- To liaise with overseas office staff to acquire information in a timely manner for Annual Reports or other bulletins, as well as for publication materials for campaigns.
- Responsible for all Publications including preparation.
- Ability to travel if required to overseas locations in furtherance of Departmental activity
- 2+ years solid experience in a similar role.
- A proven track record of developing and delivering successful marketing campaigns, preferably in a similar position.
- Strong persuasive skills.
- Excellent research skills.
- Experience managing complex marketing strategies.
- Ability to network, establish and maintain key contacts.
- Legal right to work in the UK
- Excellent spoken and written skills (including grammar, spelling, creative writing) communication and interpersonal skills
- Skilled in writing press releases and promotional material.
- Excellent knowledge of ICT.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent ability to multitask and manage deadlines/priorities.
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to speak confidently in public.
- Excellent knowledge of potential fundraising opportunities, appropriate and effective marketing and media techniques, as well as a good knowledge of Google Adwords, SEO and Facebook advertising.
- Excellent knowledge of the charity and volunteer sector.
- Commitment to HRF’s mission, vision and values.
- Full, clean driving license and own car.
- Knowledge of Muslim Charity Sector/Media & Seasonable Campaigns
Please note that:
Due to a high volume of applicants, we are unfortunately unable to contact those who are unsuccessful; Recruitment and interviews may be ongoing with a view to fill the position ASAP; and We reserve the right to remove this role and advert at any time.
Thank you for your interest in Human Relief Foundation