Human Relief Foundation (HRF) provides emergency relief aid and assistance to ordinary people caught up in extraordinary, life-threatening situations. HRF’s ultimate goal is to save and preserve life.
HRF has been changing millions of lives across the world for 25 years. We have fed the hungry, provided healthcare to those suffering, put orphans and young widows into education, and replaced dirty, unsafe water with high quality hand pumps. Human Relief foundation work is focused on four main areas: Emergency and Disaster Response and Preparedness, Development Cooperation, Conflict Transformation, and Orphan Sponsorship.
Job Title: Fundraising Assistant & Volunteer Co-ordinator
Salary: £16,000 – £18,000 (Depending on experience and skills)
Accountabilities: The main functions of this post will include volunteer recruitment and engagement, assisting fundraising team with activities and taking on fundraising responsibilities
Reporting To: Birmingham Head of Fundraising
Working Hours: Full time/ 40 hours
Holidays: 20 days of annual leave and 8 bank holidays
Volunteer Co-ordinator Responsibilities:
- The Volunteer Co-ordinator will be responsible to recruit new volunteers through various means.
- Create and maintain relationships with Schools, Colleges and Universities around the midlands area to promote the work of HRF and attract students to volunteer.
- The role will require you to maintain a strong working relationship with new and existing volunteers.
- To ensure all new and existing volunteers have signed and registered to volunteer with HRF by reading and signing the volunteer handbook.
- To keep up to date with the volunteer database which will contain all relevant information on current volunteers.
- Arrange regular meetings for volunteers to keep them up to date with HRF activities and ensure they are engaged.
- Strategically planning new ways of recruiting new volunteers.
- Organising and planning volunteer led activities which will encourage volunteer engagement. These can include; volunteer workshops, bake sales, supermarket collections etc.
- To ensure there are the relevant number of volunteers present at fundraising events by coordinating with the event manager
- Managing volunteers at fundraising events by assigning roles and responsibilities.
Fundraising Assistant Responsibilities:
- The Fundraising assistant shall assist the fundraising team with organising and managing events that take place throughout the year.
- In this role, you will be responsible to organise your own events and campaigns to help increase funds for the various projects HRF have.
- You will be highly organised, innovative and have a track record of delivering a number of fundraising events. You will have the proven ability to achieve results through building strong lasting relationships with individuals and organisations. You will work across departments, so interpersonal skills are of high importance. You will need the confidence to deal with people at the very highest level, managing high-profile volunteers and donors with diplomacy and discretion.
- To ensure timely communications with other colleagues, partners, sponsors and
suppliers/agencies, donors, volunteers and other key audiences, in accordance with the nature of the work to ensure that all stakeholders are updated.
- To maintain good relationships with existing business supporters and recruit new business members and volunteer participants.
- To support the development and delivery of cash and regular giving appeals, using social media, email and direct mail to existing supporters.
- To seek opportunities to build on the success of existing fundraising activities and explore new avenues for raising funds.
- To work with the marketing and wider team to identify and develop opportunities to generate income.
- To carry out all duties with regard to relevant legislation and HRF’s procedures including the Health and Safety and Equal Opportunities Policies.
- To undertake any other tasks, duties or projects which may arise from time to time in accordance with the level of this post.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Previous fundraising experience
- Relevant experience in events organising & management
- Proficient using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and mail merges, email, web searches and proactive users of social media tools.
- Have excellent spoken and written communication skills coupled with leadership and presentations skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments with minimal supervision, and to deadlines
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
- Ability to build and maintain good and effective relationships with volunteers, different communities and key stakeholders
- Have enthusiasm and passion for humanitarian work
- Knowledge of working with charities
- Knowledge of a community language is an advantage
- Background of working with speakers, acts, performers etc.
- Car owner with clean full driving license
We have the employee assistant programme for all of our employees, which is a great benefit providing ongoing support and advise. You may also have an opportunity to go abroad on deployments and provide first hand aid. You can be a part of an international team of Humanitarian workers, influencers and fundraisers who are on the ground to provide aid to those who need it the most.
To apply please call us on 0121 448 0490 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Human Relief Foundation
347 Stratford Road
For more information about the role please call Abdul Waheed on 07577 495 463.