VACANCY FOR FUNDRAISING OFFICER IN LONDON
Salary: £22,000 – 25,000 (Depending on experience and skills)
Accountabilities: The main functions of this post will include fundraising activities, including Event Management, Project Management
Reporting To London Region Fundraising Manager
Working Hours: Full time
Fundraising Officer Responsibilities:
- The Fundraising Officer will take lead responsibility on a number of fundraising events, managing the budget and ensuring that financial targets are met, volunteers are recruited to maximise fundraising potential and take operational and financial responsibility for the event both before and after.
- In this role, you will assist the London Fundraising Manager in the development and implementation of HRF – London and South’s annual fundraising strategy that will increase HRF’s activity and grow income for the charity.
- You will be highly organised, innovative and have a track record of delivering a number of fundraising events ranging from gala dinners to sporting events. You will have the proven ability to achieve results through building strong lasting relationships with individuals and organisations. You will work across departments, so interpersonal skills are of high importance. You will need the confidence to deal with people at the very highest level, managing high-profile volunteers and donors with diplomacy and discretion.
- To ensure timely communications with other colleagues, partners, sponsors and suppliers/agencies, donors, volunteers and other key audiences, in accordance with the nature of the work to ensure that all stakeholders are updated.
- To maintain good relationships with existing business supporters and recruit new business members and volunteer participants.
- To support the development and delivery of cash and regular giving appeals, using social media, email and direct mail to existing supporters.
- To seek opportunities to build on the success of existing fundraising activities and explore new avenues for raising funds.
- To work with the marketing and wider team to identify and develop opportunities to generate income.
- To help to raise the profile of HRF in London and South region.
- To carry out all duties with regard to relevant legislation and HRF’s procedures including the Health and Safety and Equal Opportunities Policies.
- The Fundraising Officer will lead on fundraising activities, as well as assist the Fundraising Team with national and local campaigns and events.
- Monitor relevant budgets and resources, including expenses.
- Organise and lead volunteer teams to assist with charity fundraising and development activities.
- The Fundraising Officer may be required to travel abroad to implement projects and distribute aid with staff / volunteers on deployments.
- Coaching and supporting volunteers.
- To undertake any other tasks, duties or projects which may arise from time to time in accordance with the level of this post.
- To secure mosque collections during Ramadan and throughout the year
- To carry out mosque collections during Ramadan Taraweeh prayers and throughout the rest of the year.
- Previous fundraising experience
- Relevant experience in events organising & management
- Proficient using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and mail merges, email, web searches and proactive users of social media tools.
- Have excellent spoken and written communication skills coupled with leadership and presentations skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments with minimal supervision, and to deadlines
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
- Ability to build and maintain good and effective relationships with volunteers, different communities and key stakeholders
- Have enthusiasm and passion for humanitarian work
- Knowledge of working with charities
- Knowledge of a community language is an advantage
- Background of working with speakers, acts, performers etc.
- Car owner with clean full driving license
To apply or for more information please call us on 0207 377 6759 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Human Relief Foundation
93 New Road