Human Relief Foundation (HRF) provides emergency relief aid and assistance to ordinary people caught up in extraordinary, life-threatening situations. HRF’s ultimate goal is to save and preserve life.
HRF has been changing millions of lives across the world for 27 years. We have fed the hungry, provided healthcare to those suffering, put orphans and young widows into education, and replaced dirty, unsafe water with high quality hand pumps.
HRF's work is focused on four main areas: Emergency and Disaster Response and Preparedness, Development Cooperation, Conflict Transformation, and Orphan Sponsorship.
Job role: Fundraising Assistant and Volunteer Coordinator
You will be reporting to: Projection Implementation and Fundraising Coordinator
Community and Event fundraising responsibilities:
- Your role would be to fundraise for many of our ongoing projects, appeals and campaigns
- To establish, build and maintain relationships with key contacts
- To assist and co-ordinate in local campaigns and fundraising/promotional activities and events
- To identify and research the local donor market’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats and use the findings accordingly
- To assist in the development and implementation of local fundraising plans and budgets.
- Recruit and expand our volunteer base in key towns and cities
- Welcome and induct new volunteers, providing training where required
- Maintain a relationship with volunteers, preparing materials and supervising them
- Liaise with organisations to maximise volunteering opportunities and ensuring risk assessment are complete
- Making sure the volunteers are representing HRF in the right manner
- Have a good knowledge of social media and using platforms to promote, and publicise volunteering activities
- Liaising with other members of the HRF team such as marketing/ media
- To assist in delivering HRF marketing campaigns, projects and appeals and support the fundraising team.
- Using your initiative to come up with ideas of events and different ways of fundraising
- Reporting to your fundraising manager, producing action plans
- To ensure fundraising targets, in accordance with this post, are met and raise new income for the charity, manage existing fundraising relationships and sustain existing income and reduce expenditure through sourcing sponsorships
- Being able to work under pressure and manage a busy work load
- To travel to different towns, cities and locations to enable fundraising activities and maximise on fundraising opportunities.
- To ensure timely communications with other colleagues, partners and suppliers/agencies, donors, volunteers and other key audiences, in accordance with the nature of the work to ensure that all stakeholders are updated
- To ensure that events are regularly updated on the company website, e-shots, social media accounts and blogs.
- Liaison with key suppliers and contacts, including (but not limited to) venues, sponsors, businesses, caterers, audio/visual suppliers, building effective relationships
- Must be able to anticipate project needs, with minimal supervision
The role description will be reviewed regularly and may be subject to change.
Job Type: Part time, 30 hours a week.
Working Monday to Friday but this may include Weekends and evenings, depending on the business needs.
Holidays: 20 days of annual leave and 8 bank holidays.
Salary: £15,000 to £18,000 depending on experience and this would be pro rata.
We have the employee assistant programme for all of our employees, which is a great benefit providing ongoing support and advise. You may also have an opportunity to go abroad on deployments and provide first hand aid.
You can be a part of an international team of humanitarian workers, influencers and fundraisers who are on the ground to provide aid to those who need it the most.
If you wish to apply for the above role please contact Nizar for further information and details on 07463249380 or email him through email@example.com.