Job title: Fundraising Officer - Sheffield
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Job Location: Sheffield (South Yorkshire)
About Human Relief Foundation
Human Relief Foundation seek to promote sustainable economic and social development by working with local communities through relief and developmental programmes, supporting them to build a better life and find their own solutions to global problems. HRF provides emergency relief aid and assistance to ordinary people caught up in extraordinary, life-threatening situations. HRF’s ultimate goal is to save and preserve life. HRF is an international charity, where we have offices in the UK, Iraq, Pakistan, Ghana and many other countries.
· The Fundraising Officer will take lead responsibility on a number of fundraising events, managing the budget and ensuring that financial targets are met, volunteers are recruited to maximise fundraising potential and take operational and financial responsibility for the event both before and after.
· In this role, you will assist the Fundraising Manager in the development and implementation of HRF annual fundraising strategy that will increase HRF’s activity and grow income for the charity.
· You will be highly organised, innovative and have a track record of delivering a number of fundraising events ranging from gala dinners to sporting events. You will have the proven ability to achieve results through building strong lasting relationships with individuals and organisations.
· You will work across departments, so interpersonal skills are of high importance. You will need the confidence to deal with people at the very highest level, managing high-profile volunteers and donors with diplomacy and discretion.
· To ensure timely communications with other colleagues, partners, sponsors and suppliers/agencies, donors, volunteers and other key audiences, in accordance with the nature of the work to ensure that all stakeholders are updated.
· To maintain good relationships with existing business supporters and recruit new business members and volunteer participants.
· To support the development and delivery of cash and regular giving appeals, using social media, email and direct mail to existing supporters.
· To seek opportunities to build on the success of existing fundraising activities and explore new avenues for raising funds.
· To work with the marketing and wider team to identify and develop opportunities to generate income.
· To help to raise the profile of HRF in the region they are working
· To carry out risk assessments when holding an events
· The Fundraising Officer will lead on fundraising activities, as well as assist the Fundraising Team with national and local campaigns and events.
· Monitor relevant budgets and resources, including expenses.
· Organise and lead volunteer teams to assist with charity fundraising and development activities.
· The Fundraising Officer may be required to travel abroad to implement projects and distribute aid with staff / volunteers on deployments.
· Coaching and supporting volunteers.
· To undertake any other tasks, duties or projects which may arise from time to time in accordance with the level of this post.
· To secure mosque collections during Ramadan and throughout the year
· To carry out mosque collections during Ramadan Taraweeh prayers and throughout the rest of the year
Salary: Depending on Experience
Benefits: Pension scheme and an employee assistance programme, A 24/7 confidential support line, for employees, face to face and over the phone advice support for personal and many other circumstances.
Development: We seek to develop and provide opportunities for our employees, you will have an opportunity to go abroad and provide first hand aid to beneficiaries that you have raised funds for. You will be able to see how your funds are helping and supporting those who need it the most. This is a fantastic opportunity to be apart of an International Organisation.
To apply: Please email your CV to Shareen at email@example.com. Due to a high level of applicants we receive, we are not able to contact those who are unsuccessful with the application. Thank you.